What we’re looking for
The successful Java Developer will have demonstrable commercial experience of Java development and show an enthusiasm for web technology and new challenges, experience of other technologies such as .NET, PHP or mobile applications. As a key member of the team you will also advise others on best practice and programming advice and act as an internal point of contact for technical queries and advice. You will capture technical requirements from clients and work with a mixed project team of developers, designers and producer staff to ensure that those requirements are adequately documented and ultimately fulfilled.
- To develop world class web applications and websites.
- To work with designers and front end and project management staff to capture requirements for the functional elements of website projects.
- To liaise with clients and with other internal teams.
- To evaluate and communicate on a regular basis the resources, timescales and technical limitations associated with implementation with the project manager and with the client.
- To test and validate work produced as part of the development process.
- To ensure that all work carried out is well-documented, and that the documentation is accessible to relevant parties.
- To keep abreast of developments in technology and computing in areas pertinent to projects, the company, and clients.
Apply extensive experience in
- Web development across multiple projects of varying technical requirements
- Webservice integration in Java
- Enterprise Content Management Systems
- Display an attention to detail, rigor and willingness to take responsibility for all work and code produced.
- Work within a team and to apply systematic thinking to the resolution of problems in a highly creative environment.
- Meet challenging deadlines
- Demonstrate a willingness and aptitude to learn and develop skills.
- Understand business issues.
- Think about technical issues in a creative way.
- Work independently on the technical element of projects.
- Walk the talk and bring on board outstanding communications skills.
You will be:
- A team player
- Happy to muck in
- Educated to degree level in a technical area
You will not be:
Why Adelphi Digital
Adelphi Digital is an international award-winning digital consultancy.
We act as architects of digital change, helping our clients create new and effective systems suitable for the challenges of modern business. Our teams have always been client-focused and multi-disciplinary as we believe digital problem solving requires multi-disciplinary skills and mindsets. Our ways of working are created to cope with a world where change is the only constant, so we use a flexible agile approach and ensure constant improvement to the things we deliver to clients.
We believe in intercompany collaboration and encourage travel for anyone interested between our offices.
We value intelligence, independence, honesty, and an unconventional, politics-free approach to work. If that sounds like you, get in touch.
Adelphi Digital is looking for the best of you to join our incredible team. We are looking for intelligent, awesome people of any age, with any background, in any of our locations. Simply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.